Magnetic Sound™ Licensing Agreement
This agreement is for individuals or organizations that wish to to offer Magnetic Sound™ listening experiences to their customers, or for a fee.
If you instead wish to purchase artwork for personal or at-home use, contact us to request a different agreement.
This agreement between Licensee and Caselden Studios, LLC (“CS”), at 544 Park Ave., Unit 437, Brooklyn, New York 11205, is hereby entered into.
WHEREAS, CS is the creator of Magnetic Sound™ (“Artwork”), and Magnetic Sound™ bath meditations;
WHEREAS, Customer is an individual or organization interested in exhibiting Artwork, or renting Artwork to offer a service to the public or their private customer base.
NOW, THEREFORE, the parties mutually agree as follows:
- CS hereby grants Licensee a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use the Artwork to offer listening experiences to the public throughout the duration of this agreement.
- TODO: limit location??
- Customer shall rent Artwork for a monthly Licensing Fee. Prices and payment dates are determined at the bottom of this web-page.
- Customer shall pay an $800 Deposit along with the first month’s Licensing Fee. CS will return the Deposit to Customer after return of the Artwork to CS. [TODO: What circumstances will cause deductions from deposit???????]
- Payments not received more than 12 days past the due date will incur a fee equal to 20% of the amount outstanding.
- Outstanding payments more than 25 days past the due date will result in a return of the Artwork. Customer shall ship Artwork back to CS in original packaging.
II. WARRANTY, MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT
- During the licensing period, CS shall repair all normal wear and tear to the artwork, including;
- Adjusting warped sound boards,
- Replacing broken strings,
- Adjusting string and magnet proximity, and
- Electrical repair/rewiring.
- CS shall offer call support for minor repairs and operational advice.
- If Artwork is non-functional and non-reparable, Customer may return Artwork in original packaging, and CS will replace Artwork.
- Maintenance and Support services do not cover Artwork use in high traffic settings.
- CS offers free shipping on any artwork delivered within the contiguous United States. Customer pays any international shipping fees, and any additional return shipping fees as needed.
- If Customer returns Artwork for non-functionality upon arrival, CS will pay return shipping, and replacement shipping for the repaired or new Artwork.
IV. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- This Agreement is a sale or rental of Artwork for personal use, but not reproduction. Artwork is protected by USPTO patent application number 62/428,651.
- Customer may resell Artwork to a third party, but upon the same conditions in this Intellectual Property Section.
- “Magnetic Sound” is a trademark of CS, USPTO Serial No. 87327112, and No. 87565933.
- Customer may not use these trademarks in any way not associated with the Artwork.
- This agreement is not a license to use Magnetic Sound™ in relation to services.
V. Choice of Law and Venue
- This Agreement falls under the jurisdiction and laws of the State of New York.
VI. Liability and disclaimer
- CS assumes no liability for Artwork that has not been maintained according to instructions in the Operation + Maintenance section of website.
- CS assumes no liability for Artwork that has been opened and altered by Customer without prior instruction from CS.
- Artwork utilizes electricity and high powered magnets. Do not operate Artwork close to moisture. If magnets become dislodged or start to radiate excessive heat, unplug Artwork and call CS for support.
Make your Payment
We use PayPal for safe transactions. Major credit cards are accepted.
You can choose between a single up-front payment, or 4 payments across one year.
Note that up-front payments are approximately 15% cheaper.