Algorithmic Soundscapes from Magnetic Energy
An immersive sound installation comprised of two resonating sculptures positioned on opposite sides of the listening space.
Tablets cycle through a series of preset musical compositions, controlling magnetic fields that drive vibration into metal strings to create the sound.
Generative: Eternal Sound
These compositions are 'generative', meaning that random numbers will create new harmonies each time the artwork is activated. The title of the artwork, Infinity, is a reference to the combination of digital randomness and unpredictability of the acoustic structure, resulting in a theoretically infinite number of distinct playbacks.
Sound as a Mandala
The intention of this installation is to offer sound that can help facilitate a meditative experience.
Similar to the way that a breath or chant is a center of focus in many Eastern meditation traditions, the soundscapes are offered as a template for deep listening.
The sculptures are sold in a limited edition of 30 total pieces.
Please inquire for current pricing.
Addendum for WallPlay on Canal St.
- Please review our Sound Meditation Guide to see the environmental conditions for an optimal experience.
- Note that our most ideal exhibitions have a dedicated listening space
- Conversely, exhibitions where people are holding conversations or conducting business (ie retail environment) in same environment as the artwork are usually mediocre or in some cases bad... To be discussed
- We can vary the perimeter size of this exhibition
- Budget Negotiable
- We usually ask $2k license fee to make a workshop appearance
- If we're doing 1-2 month exhibition, expect an additional ~$500 to compensate for maintenance/weekly tuning.